GLYCERINE / GLYCEROL / GLYCERIN
High Quality General Purpose Reagent
- 10ml sample bottles (spout cap)
- 50ml bottles (screw cap)
Grade: General purpose reagent (not food grade).
Glycerine content: Min 99.5%
APPEARANCE: Clear and colourless liquid, nearly odourless at 20ºC. Product is hygroscopic.
- Vegetable Glycerine is used in many cosmetic and personal care products, e.g. soaps, creams, hair products, sprays and in water based personal lubricants. It improves smoothness and acts as a lubricant and moisturiser.
- Glycerine / Glycerol / glycerin is a very effective antifreeze and a 70:30 glycerine:water solutions reduces the freezing point of water to -37°C by disputing the formation of ice crystals when temperatures fall below 0°C.
- Glycerine can also serve as a substitute for petroleum based products. Glycerine-derived propylene glycol is a substitute for petroleum-based propylene.
- Glycerine acetate (as a potential fuel additive)
- Compost additive
- For Tincture extraction and preservation of Essential oils and chemicals from herbs.
- Citric acid production
- Conversion to propylene glycol
- Conversion to ethanol
- Glycerine may be used as antifreeze for plants, if mixed with water in a 10% solution. It is believed to be effective at temperatures near -18C
- Glycerine may serve as a source of energy used in waste water treatment plant digesters
- Glycerin is used in textiles to soften the yarn and to lubricate fibres of different kinds. In the textile industry.
- To add flexibility to rubber and plastic.
- As a building block in manufacturing flexible foams.